Monday, July 9, 2012

Little Wooden Gift Tags



Quick and Easy Gift Tags Project

I like to make tags.
(See here.  And here.)
 
Small projects appeal to me.  
Maybe it's because I can squeeze them in 
while I dream about actually getting other things done. 

Anyway, today I would like to share these little wooden gift tags. 
Quick and Easy. 
Could not be quicker or easier.

These were a fun project for a hot summer afternoon. 
And we've had plenty of those!










 One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to use what I have.
This little project qualifies, sort of.  You know how projects go... 

First, I picked up these little wooden gift tags.  
Actually, I ordered them on Amazon.  It was too hot to go out shopping.
I bought 50 of them. 
And then I remembered my resolution.




 So I dug out these stickers that I have had for a long time, saving them for the perfect project. 
 Maybe this will qualify...
They turned out to be the perfect size, anyway...


Here comes the hard part.  
I peeled each sticker off and stuck it onto a wooden tag.
Then I added some satin ribbon and/or some jute twine for ties.
Done.




I also tried using one of my artsy-fartsy photographs and pasting it on. 
I would use this on a present wrapped in simple kraft paper.
Cute and you could really personalize your tags that way.





I colored these with my marking pens.  
They're even cute just plain, 
and you could use a decorative ribbon or twine.



 For our beloved music teacher...
I had the sheet music scrapbook paper in my stash.



  And just wait until Christmas!
I swear, this is going to be the year 
where I have my gift wrap chosen and organized ahead of time 
and I will NOT resort to using the cheesy tags 
we always end up running out to Walgreens for at the last minute. 


 Finally, a use for some of those Christmas stickers I've been hoarding!
 I will make some of these ahead of time. 
In fact, I should make 50 of them so I don't have any leftover tags...
 I already have one done -  I'm way ahead of last year....

Thanks for visiting!

Linking to:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Sundays at Thrifty Things
CraftOManiac 
DIY Project Parade at DIY SHowoff
Tuesday's Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
More the Merrier at DIY Home Sweet Home
Get Your Craft On Tuesday at Today's Creative Blog
Cowgirl Up! Link Party at Farmhouse Porch
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays at {Primp}
All Star Block Party at In The Old Road
Will Craft For Fun at Tales of a Trophy Wife`
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Thursdays Are Your Days at 52 Mantels
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Smart Solutions at The Prudent Pantry
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo
Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. BEautiful tags, they look cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the tags. following your blog now. please consider visiting me at http://carrollcraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea to use wooden tags. I must get some of these. Thanks for sharing.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very clever and useful for party favors and with a little change in decoration ...wonderful holiday name cards or hostess gift attached to a bag of cookies, or candles. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wooden tags too. Yours turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. I love small projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pretty tags! I've made tags too! Great idea to use stickers.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin,
    These are so adorable.. what a clever idea for gift tags... I LOVE IT!!!!
    Thanks for sharing at the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. I'm your newest follower and I "pinned your gift tags onto Pinterest as well. =)


    Carri

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! I would love to use this for Christmas this year. So many possibilities.

    I would love it if you would share this at my new Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/prudent-projects-smart-solutions-linky_13.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent and I can do it. Those are very charming..usable. A new fav.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that I found your blog. I wanted to use marking tags that helped me stand out. These ideas are perfect!

    www.StayingVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I am going away to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming again to read other news.
    Review my web-site ; personalized designs

    ReplyDelete
  16. The gift looks great, it is very delicate。

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!