Monday, January 14, 2013

Gorgeous Classic Kitchen Renovation



You're in for a treat today!

A gorgeous, classic kitchen renovation, 
with Before and After Pictures.





This is a recently completed project for a delightful couple
with wonderful taste 
and I enjoyed every minute of working with them.

In fact, I could move right in...




After many years in this home, Jayne and Rich were ready for a new kitchen.





It was not really a bad kitchen, since they had taken such good care of it.
Just a bit dated and in need of a better layout and some upgrades.
New cabinets, countertops, tile and appliances were in order.



Here's a before shot of the kitchen:






And After-
I love the mix of white cabinets and warm wood on the island.




We moved the ovens to another wall 
to allow more space for the cooktop and a decorative hood.



I think the niche above the cooktop turned out to be so charming!


Don't you love the tile work?

And the scalloppy valance?






Here's a view showing the ovens moved to the other wall
and new panels on the refrigerator doors.




All of the soffits in the kitchen were removed.
This allowed us to use taller cabinets with glass mullioned doors at the top.
And lots of nice, wide crown moulding to top them off.
Bye, bye 1980's!  Hello, Gorgeous!


(The granite was salvaged for use in the newly remodeled laundry room.)


Nice little nook for a coffee bar.




We went with a drawer style microwave -
these are one of the best new ideas in the appliance world.
Microwaves, dishwashers and refrigerators are all being made in a drawer style now.
This keeps the countertops clear and the wall cabinets freed up for storage.
Not to mention how nice they look and how efficiently they operate...

Here is the microwave in the island, before:



And now:


It's much higher up, there's no bending over to see what's inside 
and it glides opens and closes at the touch of a button.
Deluxe!


The sink got a fancy new cabinet base 
and a scallopped toe kick valance and half columns to set it off.




Beautiful new granite tops the island and the perimeter countertops.



And the tile...
Let's talk about the backsplash tile.
It's called Tantrum, from Sonoma Tilemakers
and it is beyond gorgeous.



It's a mix of colors and textures
with gorgeous crackly glass centers.
It actually looks kind of delicious...



It adds texture and warmth and a little color.

We sprinkled a little of the Tantrum tile in the backsplash in the new bar area, too.
Gloomy day, hard to get good lighting...




Here's the bar area, before, when it was an underused desk:




Lots of wonderful decorative details...









New hardware, too.




Jayne has this great geometric fabric picked out for a valance above the sink.
It will be the perfect finishing touch, adding some softness to the room.



We talked about replacing or painting the stools around the island,
 but I think I love them now, 
just the way they are.



 I think it's all Just*Grand!



Linking to:
Time to Shine Party at A DIamond in the Stuff
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Monday Funday at Uncommon Designs
Feather Your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home


Pin It!

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful before and afters Erin.
    It really helps the viewer comprehend the transformation.
    I think white cabinets go with everything.
    Creates for a peaceful and bright setting.
    And nice details throughout!
    Best,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this is over the top gorgeous. That granite is something else. I love it. I don't think I knew that you do design work. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! so much better now! You had many great ideas in there! loved that you moved the ovens, the cook top area is crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Erin this is outstanding. I luv it!
    Wonderful job...
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I am in love. What an incredibly transformation. I can only imagine how happy this couple now is. Erin, you are really talented. I am so impressed...and jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really beautiful. I have pinned this for if I ever get the pleasure of redoing my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful renovation! Love those new cabinets. Everything just looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Hello Gorgeous" is right! This is one of the prettiest kitchens I've ever seen. You did an amazing job. It's so bright and airy, yet classic at the same time. Just beautiful! Or should I say, "Just Grand." :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful kitchen. So enjoyed seeing the before and after!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Erin what a gorgeous kitchen! LOVE all the details!Beautiful cabinets and counters.And I LOVE that back splash too!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love the new colors, love the upper cabinets with the glass, love the new granite and tile. You did a GORGEOUS job!

    Visiting from Wow us Wednesdays and looking forward to following.

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very gorgeous kitchen! Beautiful cabinets/counters, love that the soffit is gone and a great attention to details! Where were you when I remodeled mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is absolutely amazing -- just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erin this kitchen is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Wow, spectacular transformation

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Erin, What a beautiful transformation...love this kitchen! I am a new follower.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Erin ~ what an awesome job you did helping them create this gorgeous space, I'm sure they love spending time in there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. BEAUTIFUL make over!!! Really has the WOW now! Thanks for sharing this! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous kitchen transformation!! Every single detail is amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in LOVE with that backsplash! AWESOME JOB! However, when I google it, I'm not finding the subway tile pictured here:( Do you by chance have any more info on it or where I could order it from? And the color you used?? Thanks so much!!!
    Susan M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The field tile is from Virginia Tile in Woodale, Illinois. It is tumbled marble, and the color is Pearl.

      Delete
  21. Beautiful job.I too am interested in the subway tile.

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome work, erin!

    visiting via miss mustard seed and would love to have you stop by when you have a moment.

    happy weekend to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so glad I visited this page from MMS's FFF! Since we are putting together ideas to remodeld our kitchen, I thought I would look. You did a fabulous job! It is just beautiful everything I would like my "new" kitchen to be!!

    Thank you for sharing ,

    June G.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous kitchen. Love white kitchens..... Every time I see a soffit I just want to tear it out! I think I have the same granite.... Is that Bianco antico?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!