Monday, February 23, 2015

Beaded Leather Wrap Bracelet ~ala~ Sundance




Long winter days seem to inspire me to make things. 
I have half a dozen projects started 
but not much finished yet.
I did make this Beaded Leather Wrap Bracelet ala The Sundance Catalog.
You can see those bracelets here.  

They come in lots of variations and are absolutely gorgeous.
And expensive...

And I have a lifetime supply of beads that need to be used. 
So I thought I'd try my hand at one.

This one below always called to me.  


I love the multi-colors and the simple style.

Here's my version.



I love how it turned out.

 
It's soft and comfortable and goes with everything!



I made it a bit shorter that the one in the catalog, so it only wraps three times.
Seems like enough on my wrist.

Here are the supplies I used:


Leather Cord (1/2 off at Hobby Lobby and enough for three bracelets!), 
Mixed glass beads in size E (1/2 off again), 
and two cards of this Silk Griffin thread in size 10.


You can see that the Griffin thread comes with a needle already threaded 
onto a length of about 6.5 feet.
That little silver curvy thing is the needle, and this is what's left of the second card.

Oh, and one button.  From my stash.

Total cost of the supplies - Maybe ten bucks.
Did you notice the price in the catalog???


If you want to make one of these bracelets for yourself, 
there are endless YouTube tutorials about them.  
This one is helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHbcCYxyJo

It might be fun to make another one, maybe in various shades of the same color, 
like this one, that you can buy on Etsy:


The possibilities are endless!



What are you doing on these long winter days?
I'd love some more ideas!!!




Linking to:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Through Life
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Erin. I love how your bracelet came together. It's awesome and vibrant. Yes we do need something to pass the time this winter, don't we. I learned (finally) how to crochet. Been making lots and lots of dishcloths. Just might have to give this bracelet a try, stay warm! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try that!! Your bracelet is so pretty and fun.

    Don't you love all the jewelry in Sundance? But seriously, so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Erin . . . Very, very nice. I am inspired . . .
    Painting with acrylics has kept my interest . . .
    I have never tried making a bracelet . . . this one of yours certainly perks my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopped over from Savvy Southern Style to check out your bracelet. It's so pretty, and I'm thinking my daughters will love to make some with me. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!