Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fixer Upper!





Have you seen it?
Do you love it?
Do you have a little crush on Chip and Joanna like I do?
And half of America, apparently?

All Photos from HGTV Website

Chip and Joanna are the "stars" of Fixer Upper", 
a great home remodeling show on HGTV. 
It's in it's second season now and it's become my favorite show. 


They're so talented and charming and energetic and funny
and still somehow, so nice and normal.
There's nothing fake or Hollywood about them, 
and I love everything they do.

I love that they are renovating in several towns in Texas, 
one house at a time.

I love that they are saving some worthy homes, not demolishing them.
They used salvaged pieces in unexpected yet practical ways
like this island counter top made from the flooring of a truck.



I love their design style 
and their realistic, family friendly, budget friendly ideas.



I love how Chip gives all the credit to Joanna, 
calling her the new "Martha Stewart" 
even though he obviously has some serious talents of his own.




They have four ridiculously cute children  
and a fabulous farmhouse that they've renovated themselves.


They seem so genuine and family oriented.

What's not to love?

Each show starts with a family that's looking for a home in their area.  
Chip and Joanna show them three different homes in their price range, 
usually in different states of repair, with different renovation needs. 

The family chooses a home to renovate, and the fun begins.



Chip manages the construction 



and Joanna works on the design.



Here are some finished rooms...








Gorgeous, aren't they?

Something always comes up, and things are always handled gracefully.
Nobody is snarky or unpleasant. 
I really dislike the fake drama on so many of the home renovation home shows.  

None of that here. Things get done. People are happy. 


Old houses are happy-
Like this one!





You should watch it! 
Thursdays at 8:00/7C on HGTV

(All photos are from the HGTV Website!
Check it out here)

And no, I only wish I was getting paid for this post!

It's Just Grand!





Linking to:
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style







Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. hi Erin, yes I'm a huge fan of Fixer Upper and agree with everything you said~ I am an HGTV and Food Network addict. I work from home, and so one or the other show is always on in the background in my studio. It's nice to see reality TV that just might be reality!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! What's not to love!!! I am addicted to Fixer Upper! LOVE the way they interact and LOVE Joanna's style!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it the best show ever . . .
    They are o easy/pleasant with each other.
    Natural and real . . . nothing hollywood at all . . .
    It just works . . .
    Indeed, Just Grand

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Fixer Upper. Not only do they make the most beautiful renovated houses, they are both entertaining wo watch on tv! Coming from Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!