Monday, February 22, 2016

Handmade Gift Tags



It's that Cabin Fever time of year.
I'm home, it's cold out and I'm getting crafty.

I don't know about you, 
but I am often wrapping a wine bottle as a gift, 
usually at the last minute, 
and 
I struggle to find a gift tag that is unique and personal.
And worthy.


 I love making gift tags.
Quick little crafts that are also functional!

When Mr. Grand asks "So, what did you do today?"
I can say "I saved enormous amounts of money 
making a gift tag for the party tonight!"
I am so virtuous.

I wrote this post about the gift tags 
that I made for a wedding shower gift 
using small canvases and Mod Podge. 



I've been scouring Pinterest for some new ideas 
for gift tags 
and found some really great stuff.

Here's a link to my Pinterest board.  
I'd love it if you'd follow me along!

Anyway, lots of cross brain idea waves bouncing around.
I had a supply of plain kraft paper tags 


to use as the basis for something fun.

I got those out and 
Then I dug into my stash of napkins that must be hoarded for crafts
and I found these gorgeous floral designs. 



I decoupaged a few napkin scraps onto tags and added sheer ribbon ties.
They turned out so pretty. 





While searching my stash, I spotted a sheet of thin cork 
that I had bought at Hobby Lobby for something, someday.
I do that way too often.
And I thought hmmmm...
Cork tags for wine bottles!

So, using the kraft paper tag as a template, I cut out some tags.


I cut them a little shorter because I liked the size better 
and I could make more 
and there would be less waste.
Remember, I am virtuous.



Then I added some jute twine to tie them with.
I tied knots on the ends to keep the twine from unraveling 
and because I like how they look.



And here they are!



They look great 
tied onto a bottle of my favorite Chardonnay 
made by our friends, Tom and Joan, 
at their winery, Blustone.




I wrote a post about their adventures here.
They are still making great wines 
and winning international awards for their efforts.

These wines need worthy tags.





These just might do.





Linking to Parties at:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious!!!!

    I got a great apron, for Christmas, in that very pattern. Yellow and big flowers and old script. On your napkins. !!!!! I love it. :-)

    And there it was! Peeking back at me, from this post.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them . . .
    I love when I receive new ideas . . .
    You did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I'm pinning this fun creative idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!