Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes







I hosted my Book Club the other night and I wanted to make something Fall themed for dessert.
I browsed through my Fall Ideas and Just*Desserts boards on Pinterest 


They looked very easy and very "Fall".

I had all of the ingredients in my pantry and I decided to give them a try.  
I'm soooo glad I did.  

Here's the recipe clipped from Pinterest:







        Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

     1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
     1/2 cup sugar
     1/4 cup brown sugar
     2 large eggs
     1 teaspoon vanilla extract
     3/4 cup evaporated milk
     2/3 cup all purpose flour
     2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
     1/4 teaspoon salt
     1/4 teaspoon baking powder
     1/4 teaspoon baking soda

  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners, foil liners sprayed with cooking    spray or just spray the cups with cooking spray.  (I just sprayed the tins with Pam)  Either of these three methods will make it easy to take the cupcake out after it’s cooked. Paper liners make it difficult to remove the cupcakes.
 Mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk.  Add the flour, pumpkin spice,   salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture. Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture.      Bake for twenty minutes and let cool for twenty minutes.  Remove cupcakes from pan and chill in the   fridge for 30 minutes. 
Top with whipped cream (or icing) and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice on top and serve. 
Makes 12+ cupcakes.
See notes below.






Here's what mine looked like.






I topped them with some Mascarpone Icing from my previous posts 



 and added half a ginger thin for garnish.
These are Triple Ginger Thins from Trader Joe's but any ginger snap would do...

Icing:
In a medium bowl, mix together:
1 8 oz container of Mascarpone cheese
1 cup of whipping cream
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Beat until stiff peaks form, about three to four minutes.

I piped the icing on using a pastry bag and star tip.  
Very easy and delicious....



Yummmmm.......
They have the consistancy of Pumpkin Pie, but without the crust!  
And they came out of the muffin tins very easily.  

Notes:
The recipe made 12 cupcakes and I had enough batter left over to also fill an 8" round cake pan.  
I baked that a little longer than the cupcakes and it turned out really well, too.
It's amazing how tender these are and yet they still easily hold their shape.

I think this recipe would lend itself to a lot of different forms...
You could make a layered trifle using several cake pans 
or bake it all in a 9" x 13" pan and cut into bars 

or in a jelly roll pan and cut into different shapes using cookie cutters.

You could also use whipped cream on top to save time.

Enjoy!


Linking to:
 The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. These look wonderfully delicious. I have family coming in from Florida this weekend...I am so making these!
    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious and look delightful too. Similar recipe to my mom's pumpkin bars. I like the touch of a Ginger Snap . . . Thanks Erin, I will give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall and baking, those things go hand in hand. These cupcakes look beautiful. I am sure the girls must love when you host book club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, these are so pretty and sound soooooooooooooooo good. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!