Tuesday, February 14, 2012

*Flowers* For You


Happy Valentine's Day! 

Today I thought I'd share some of my flowers with you. 
 I am just a little bit obsessed with flowers 
and have amassed thousands of digital photographs that I play with in Photoshop. 

I'll take you on a little tour of pink flowers 
from other seasons, warmer places and brighter, longer days....


This was taken at the edge of the lake at the Chicago Botanic Gardens, in the late spring.



 This gorgeous, glowing-from-within Dahlia was taken at Ball Gardens on a sunny, July day.
Can't you just feel the warmth? 



Deep red Quickfire hydrangeas from our garden in Michigan.



These Purple Coneflowers used to grow at the edge of Lake Ellyn.
Zealous mowing did them in, but I managed to get this shot on a muggy, overcast summer day. 
Remember muggy?



 Time now for a reality check - here is what Lake Ellyn looks like in February- it's cold and snowy.
Those coneflowers, above, grew right here at the edge of the lake.
Seasonal changes are so miraculous in the garden.
 


This was a container garden at a home in Hinsdale, Illinois on a House Walk.
The Pussy Willows and Pansies with the Ranunculus were ever so sweet together.
 


Bleeding Hearts - so romantic, at Lilacia Park in Lombard, Illinois.
Every spring, this little park is absolutely glorious with acres of lilacs, tulips and perennials.
 


 Here's a pink lilac from Lilacia Park...  
They grow old fashioned lilacs there and their fragrances are heavenly.




 These perfect pink hydrangeas were taken in my garden here in Northern Illinois.  
Amazing because between the harsh winters here and the deep shade in our yard, 
I am thrilled when anything blooms!



This trio of gorgeous crab trees, bursting with flowers, 
was taken in spring at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, Illinois.



 Hope you enjoyed this little tour of pink flowers.... 
 I'm soooo looking forward to spring. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Erin - I too am looking forward to spring! I can almost smell the crabapple trees in the picture! We have white ones as well in Delaware! So enjoy your blog!!! cw

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!