Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chicken Tortellini Salad Supreme




Chicken Tortellini Salad Supreme



That's a snazzy name.
I had to come up with something worthy of this salad.

We had a picnic dinner on the beach Saturday night with friends
and I made this salad.
It's a perfect picnic salad.
You can make it ahead and it's very portable.

Here's the recipe:

1 package Buitoni (or your favorite) tortellini, cooked al dente
1 cup (or to taste) of Cardini's Aged Parmesan Ranch Dressing 
(or your favorite Ranch Dressing)
1 can large olives, drained and cut in half
1 small bag or 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted (5 minutes at 325*)
1 bag frozen broccoli florets, cooked (microwave covered on a plate for 5 minutes)
1 container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 whole chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
(I grill marinated breasts and chill before chopping up)

Toss all ingredients in a large serving bowl and chill for several hours.

I like to cook the tortellini and the chicken and broccoli ahead 
and I chill all of the ingredients before tossing it together. 


I served it with slices of fresh watermelon. 
And some wine...


Savor Summer 
and 
Enjoy!






Linking to:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious and perfect for summer - pinning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delicious and easy! Perfect for a summer meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds Just*Grand . . .
    Yum . . . I am saving and savoring this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally inspired me. I read your post this morning and am making something similar for dinner tonight. I picked up the ingredients this afternoon. That's what I love about reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! I love different salads for summer!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!

Please type something Grand in the box above. Then click on the drop down box that says "Select profile". You can choose "Name/URL". There you can enter your full name, or just your first name or a secret nickname that only I would know... Just put something in there-You can leave the URL box blank. Click continue and then click post comment.

Thank you so much!