Saturday, May 25, 2013

Book Club * Spring Dinner



This week, I hosted my Book Club for dinner. 
It's a wonderful time of year to host 
because we can have dinner out on the porch.

You may remember last year's Book Club post-



I love to do something special for these ladies
and they are always so wonderful and appreciative.  
We could actually have fun together in a dark basement 
but this is so much better...

The table was set



with my Grandma Evie's Rose Chintz china. 
(You can read about it here)



and some pretty pink glassware.



I used this asparagus platter and tongs that I found at the Flea Market.




The flowers are from my garden...




Things are not as far along as they were last year, so none of Alice's peonies...


Weren't these gorgeous?



The Menu:


Chardonnay from Blustone
Tossed Salad with Dried Cherries, Sliced Almonds and Goat Cheese 
Roasted Asparagus 

Just click on the highlighted links above for the recipes.


The Salad




The Kabobs were grilled to perfection by Mr. Grand.
These were so simple to make and so delicious.  
I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com, one of my go-to websites for recipes and ideas.  
It had so many fantastic reviews, I thought I couldn't go wrong.  
And I didn't!  This recipe is a real keeper.



The Rice Pilaf was baked in the oven instead of cooked on the stovetop.  


I added some diced carrots for color. 
It was easy and tasty and went well with the chicken.


To make the Asparagus, I sprinkled it with kosher salt and roasted it for 8-10 minutes at 425*. 
It's done when you can easily pierce the ends with a fork. 
Simple and so springy!



You may recall this Tiramisu Cake from a recent post I wrote:



I couldn't wait to make it again, but this time I grated dark chocolate on top 
and it looked a little more elegant.




It was a wonderful way to spend an evening 
with such good friends and great conversation.



And the peonies should be blooming soon...
Yay!



Linking to:
Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. All the pink is so pretty - and your menu looks wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely . . . perfect timing for me. I am making kabobs for tomorrow and now I have a tried and true recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin....lovely table, great menu. I definitely will be trying your recipes. I have a gret kabob marinade too. Will send if you'd like to try something different. Have a fabulous weekend? Are you t the cottage?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely! Thanks for stopping by to comment. I love your porch and the menu! Can I come1
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty setting for dinner with the ladies! Mmm. Love roasted asparagus! The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly know how to play the role of hostess to perfection. Your table looks beautiful. Your menu sounded delicious. The pink glasses and vase are so lovely. All the details were so thoughtful and well executed. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!