Friday, January 6, 2012

Before and After * Mini Chest of Drawers* Re-do


This is a fun little dresser that I picked up for a song at HomeGoods.  I had been looking for a tiny little chest of drawers for the master bedroom in our lake cottage (where everything has to be tiny) and this one fit the bill.  The colors were not my taste at all, and would not work with my watery color scheme at the cottage, so time for more paint therapy... 


As usual, it took me several quarts of paint to settle on the right color, and even then, I could not decide on just one, so I didn't!


There are three colors of paint on this one little dresser- the top, sides and drawers are all different.



The mirror above the dresser was also a flea market find. It was all green when I found it. I put a coat of blue paint over the center section and left the beaded trim green.  I think they all work together well, especially with the fish hanging next to them...




This little dresser is in our "Master Bedroom" and I use the term loosely... 
Like everything else, it's pretty small!
Here is a peek at the upholstered headboard Mr. Grand helped me make...



I made this pillow out of a scrap of a tablecloth that I found at the flea market.  
Perfect colors and I love the vintage vibe.



The room is coming together and the little dresser makes everything work.  
It's kind of a mini version of this blue dresser from Ikea that fits into a nook in the same bedroom.
I saw this dresser, in this color, in Country Living magazine and knew it was the one.
We assembled it while enjoying a bottle of wine and I sure hope it stays together.  
So far, so good!



I am missing the cottage... I may need to make a trip there soon, you know,  just to check on things.  
Someone has to do it!
Here's a picture I took of the frozen beach and dunes in January of last year.  



It's been so mild this year, I'm sure there isn't any ice or snow. 
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. I think I should go with you to check on the cottage. I need to see that adorable little pillow for myself. wink wink ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the writing and the attention to detail of "Just Grand".
    Any subjects of a more masculine ilk on the horizon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are perfect, your petite dresser is STUNNING! I'd be thrilled if you came and shared your great project at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little chest!!! Just right size for my vacation clothes!!!! Also, really love the picture of the frozen lake - time of year for quiet reflection and renewed spirit of forthcoming springtime.....cw

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite rooms at the lake!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little dresser is just darling...and I love how you painted it with more than one color.

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, you did a fabulous job. I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You have created a beautiful spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room looks really beautiful and I love the dresser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty bedroom. Love the dresser makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, a great retreat! Love the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i saw your feature today on another site and realized that i missed all of your posts this month. what the heck is w/ that? i swear i was on your email subscription but somthin's gone awry... so i signed up again!!

    love the shot of the frozen dunes! and the dresser? PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blue chest-I'm your newest follower from miss mustard seed-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!
Thank you so much!